Utility Information for Landlords

Tenant utility accounts

To have your tenants set up a utility account in their name, the following is required:

Applications accepted by email or in person at City Hall.

Requests for information

If you are purchasing a revenue property, The City of Spruce Grove cannot give you information about the utilities accounts of tenants who are already living in the property. We can only share information with an owner who has signed a Consent to Release Utilities Information form with their tenant. 

When a signed consent form is on file with the City of Spruce Grove, property owners may submit a Request for Utility Account Information form about the tenant’s account balance, account activity for the past 90 days, prior disconnections, whether a request to close the account has been received and whether a final utilities bill has been issued.

Only information directly related to the utilities account will be shared with the property owner. We cannot release a tenant’s forwarding address or any other personal information that is protected by the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act.

Property management requirements

If you are a rental property owner and you have a property management company handling the rental of the property, you must fill out a Property Management Authorization Form and submit it by email or in person at City Hall.

Late payments or disconnections

Please review the information about outstanding accounts.