Fire Pit Permits
July 22, 2021: There is currently no fire ban within the City of Spruce Grove’s municipal boundaries. Residents are allowed to have fires in approved fire pits that meet the City’s guidelines and that have been issued a free fire pit permit. This information only applies to people living within Spruce Grove’s municipal boundaries. Residents of Parkland County or the Town of Stony Plain should check with their respective municipal offices for fire ban information specific to their community. Fire ban information is also available at www.albertafirebans.ca.
CSA and ULC approved propane fuelled appliances/fire pits can be used as per manufacturer’s recommendations on your property without a permit.
Residential wood-burning fire pits in Spruce Grove require a free permit from Spruce Grove Fire Services. How to get one:
- Install the fire pit according to our fire pit guidelines.
- Include a photograph of the yard, with the fire pit installed and visible.
- Create an 8 ½" x 11" drawing of your back yard including:
- Fire pit location with distances from the pit to all fences, property lines, and structures
- Water source location
- Complete the application form below or provide a written request for the permit, including:
- Your name
- Your address
- Your phone number
- When you would like the inspection completed by.
- Written permission from your landlord if you are a renter.
- Submit the application form below, or e-mail, fax or drop off the drawing, photo and request to Spruce Grove Fire Services at:
36 Fifth Avenue
Spruce Grove, Alberta
Email Fire Services
Important: At this time, we will be contacting residents by phone to review their fire pit permit requests.
Call Spruce Grove Fire Services at 780-962-4496.
This information is being collected under the authority of section 33(c) the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy (FOIP) Act. It will be used in the implementation of Spruce Grove Fire Services programs. The personal information provided will be protected in accordance with Part 2 of the Act. If you have any questions regarding the collection, use and disclosure of personal information, please contact the FOIP Coordinator at 780-962-7634 ext.154.