Elks Hall is a multi-purpose facility that offers rental space in Spruce Grove. Due to the current situation with COVID-19 and based on guidelines from the Province of Alberta, please be aware of the following:
- Wearing a face covering or mask is required in all publicly accessible indoor areas of the facility during a public event (i.e., craft/artisan shows, exhibitions), as this is now a requirement in all indoor City facilities. A face covering or mask is not required during private events (i.e., conferences, conventions, galas, banquets, trade shows and weddings).
- Capacity will be limited and dependent on how the facility will be set up and used. Capacity will also be dependent on if a family cohort is booking the facility or if it is a public event. This will be reviewed at the time of booking.
- Prior to each event, individuals who book the facility will be provided with a rental package that includes contract information, cleaning guidelines, current provincial guidelines related to COVID-19, a site plan of the hall and a template to track attendance in the event contract tracing is required.
- Keys to the hall will be available for pick up at the Recreation Services office in the Border Paving Athletic Centre, located at 9 Tri Leisure Way, and will be cleaned/disinfected prior to being signed out.
Individuals who book rental space at Elks Hall will also be required to:
- Follow all current public health requirements
- Clean and disinfect tables, chairs, podiums, kitchen space, etc., after use
- Ensure all guests are aware and follow any requirements outlined by additional signage
- Provide a signed contract by an individual 18 years of age or older
- Provide a $200 booking deposit and $300 refundable damage deposit (at the time of booking)
- Make payment in full 90 days prior to the event
If liquor is being served at the event, renters will also be required to have $2 million comprehensive general liability insurance in place with the City of Spruce Grove named as an additional insured, and an AGLC liquor license.
Additional cleaning may be required for multi-day bookings (fees may apply). This will be discussed and finalized during the booking process.
Before you book
Before you book, please review the facility rental fees and check its availability for your preferred date. If you wish to view the hall before booking, please call 780-962-7579 or email to arrange a time. You will be required to wear a mask, and sanitize your hands when you enter and exit the facility. Washrooms will not be available for use during facility viewings.
How to book
To limit in-person interactions with City staff, all individuals renting the hall are encouraged to complete the process by calling 780-962-7579 or sending an email. This includes making payments and signing contracts.
Bookable spaces and availability
There are three spaces available for rent at Elks Hall: the auditorium, auxiliary room and kitchen.
Size: 53 ft. x 62 ft.Minimum four hour booking; available hourly, daily or on weekends
Size: 25 ft. x 42 ft.Minimum four hour booking; available hourly or by the day
Size: 816 square feetAvailable for full-day bookings on weekends only
*Access to the auxiliary room is also included when you book the auditorium.
What is included in my booking?
|Table and chairs
40 five-foot round tables
24 six-foot rectangle tables
Chairs: 243 green, 150 black
|Lectern and projection screen (mounted on wall)||
|Roll out bar and fridge|
|Commercial size fridge and dishwasher|
|10-burner gas stove
4-burner gas stove
The following items are not included and are the renter’s responsibility to provide:
- Stage, sounds system and projector
- Table linens, dishes and cutlery
- Coffee urns and bar equipment, including liquor dispensers
- Chafing dishes, cookware and cooking accessories
- Tea towels
Additionally, Elks Hall does not have Internet access or air conditioning. An air handling unit is used in the summer to circulate air.
Elks Hall FAQs
Can guests camp overnight?
There is no overnight camping at Elks Hall. There is a private campground located within two kilometres of the hall.
Do I need to purchase a music licence?
The City will organize the Entandem License for the event. This is a joint licence between RE:Sound and SOCAN. The charge for the licence will be paid by the renter.
What is the cancellation policy for Elks Hall?
You can cancel your booking for any reason and receive a reimbursement of the rental fee (minus a $100 administrative fee) if written notification is provided up to 90 days before the intended date of use. If you fail to provide 90 days’ notice, the City will retain or charge the facility rental fee in full.
Please call 780-962-7579 or email.