A Plumbing Permit Application is required when adding plumbing fixtures to a new residential dwelling, or non-residential building including multifamily, institutional, commercial or industrial. They are also required when renovating existing plumbing.
For existing residential, or non-residential buildings a plumbing permit application and fee are required when breaking concrete, and when you are changing or altering stacks and/or venting.
A permit is NOT required if you are only adding fixtures to an existing inspected rough-in room.
Commercial plumbing permits must be applied for by a certified plumbing journeyman. All contractors applying for plumbing permits must have a valid licence for the City of Spruce Grove.
There is a three business day turnaround from when you apply until receiving your permit.
How to apply for a plumbing permit
To apply for a plumbing permit, we require the following:
- Completed plumbing permit application form
- Fee as per Development Fees and Fines
- Double fees will apply to work being done prior to an approved permits being issued.
- The Safety Codes Council Levy fee is non-refundable
- Alberta Safety Codes Council fees as per Safety Codes Council Permit Fee Schedule
Submit permit applications
|In person||By mail||By email or fax|
|414 King Street
Spruce Grove, Alberta
City of Spruce Grove
Call 780-962-7582 or send email if you have any questions.