Winter Activities in Spruce Grove
Residents are encouraged to spend time outdoors safely this winter. Please remember to follow all Government of Alberta public health orders and any posted guidelines at the following amenities:
Cross country skiing
Please follow these guidelines when enjoying the trails:
- Bring your own equipment.
- Stay on set trails, as trails are not on greens and tees.
- Parking available in parking lot.
- No pets allowed.
Spruce Grove’s outdoor ice surfaces are free for the community to use and are not scheduled. All outdoor ice is weather dependent and is available seasonally. Please follow all posted guidelines.
Parks, trails and off-leash areas
Downhill fun! Bring your family and friends for a day of free fun on a local hill. These hills are inspected and maintained by City staff and are recommended for sledding. All public health orders must be followed.
- Fuhr Sports Park (next to Rotary Playscape)
- Hilldowns Park, East of Fairway Drive
- Jubilee Park, 510 Grove Drive
- Spruce Village Park, #10 Victoria Avenue
When tobogganing or sledding:
- Teach children to kneel or sit on their toboggan.
- Make sure the route is clear before going down a hill. Remember the people below you have the right-of-way.
- Once you reach the bottom, quickly move out of the way.
- Remember to slide down the middle of the hill and climb up the side while watching for sledders on their way down.
- Always stay in control of your sled.
Other outdoor activity ideas
Winter picnic in the park
Bundle up and take your thermos filled with cocoa to your neighbourhood park. Playing in the park can be a whole new experience in a snow covered playground. Please remember to follow all public health orders.
Experience the Heritage Grove Park trails in the winter with a snow shoe walk.