Responsible Pet Ownership
Be a responsible pet owner
Many Spruce Grove residents are pet owners and consider their animals to be part of the family. Pets can be a wonderful addition to both a household and a city, as they can help keep people active, provide companionship, and add diversity and vibrancy to the community.
In order to ensure the wellbeing and security of all Spruce Grove pet owners, their animals and their neighbours, the City of Spruce Grove encourages all pet owners to be responsible and familiarize themselves with the City's Dog and Domestic Animal Control Bylaw.
What is responsible pet ownership?
Being a responsible pet owner involves knowing and following the City's bylaw rules for owning a pet, providing your pet with a good quality of life and ensuring your pet is not a nuisance to others in the community. This includes:
- Providing proper identification for your dog
- Spaying and neutering companion pets
- Keep your pet safe in the winter
- Knowing how to report a lost animal
- Following the bylaw rules for pet ownership
- Ensuring your pet is on a leash in public spaces and not creating a hazard or being an annoyance to other residents
- Following off-leash park etiquette tips
How do I report an animal-related concern or complaint?
If you have an animal-related concern, you can make a complaint.