Guidelines for outdoor recreational amenities in Spruce Grove during COVID-19
When using outdoor recreational amenities in Spruce Grove during COVID-19, please follow these rules and guidelines and keep the following in mind:
- Use of these amenities is at your own risk; use is not encouraged due to the risk of transmitting COVID-19.
- All public health orders must be followed (maintain two metres between people; adhere to mandatory restrictions on gatherings ).
- Users must bring their own equipment and hand sanitizer.
- Do not attend or use these amenities if you are feeling unwell.
Hard surface courts – pickleball and tennis
- At the 12 court pickleball facility, all 12 courts are open as existing fencing limits contact between adjoining courts.
- At the six court pickleball facility, every other court is open as fencing is not in place to limit contact between adjoining courts.
- Tennis courts are open.
- These courts are available for casual use only. No bookings and no structured play; club, organized or league play is not permitted.
- Doubles play is permitted; however, doubles play must be with members of the same household or cohort families.
- Courts are not regularly disinfected.
- Maximum of 50 people at any facility, including players and those waiting. If the courts are full, please wait nearby or in your vehicle until they are free to use.
- No washrooms are available on site and groups may not bring their own on site.
- The skate park is open.
- A maximum of 15 people are permitted to use the skate park at any one time.
- Playground equipment is open, but use is discouraged.
- Playground structures will not be disinfected or cleaned and are considered a high risk area due to multiple touch points.
- Playground hours will be 7 a.m. to 9 p.m. and they are for local community use only.
- Playground users should:
- Wash and/or sanitize their hands before and after use (bring your own hand sanitizer).
- Avoid touching their face.
- Only share common equipment with members of their household and maintain two metre physical distance from others outside their household.
- Do not bring toys and limit contact with others following your visit.
- Unfenced sports fields are open (soccer and baseball) for casual use only.
- No bookings and no structured play; club, organized or league play is not permitted. Many provincial sporting organizations have suspended all sanctioned events at this time.
- Natural sport fields and ball diamonds are open for casual use only
- Other fields remain closed for organized use and bookings.
Fuhr Sports Park will remain closed until June 19 and then be re-evaluated based on provincial guidance.