The City’s response to COVID-19
The health and safety of our residents, staff and visitors is our top priority. We are committed to community safety and well-being and will continue to follow Government of Alberta measures to limit the spread of COVID-19. Mandatory provincial restrictions are in effect for City of Spruce Grove residents, businesses and facilities.
Spruce Grove and Stony Plain
City of Spruce Grove
- Last updated: June 15, 2021
- Updated weekdays
- Source: Government of Alberta
During this time, staff are here to support you by phone or email, as several of our facilities are closed to walk-in traffic. Find out how to apply for a building permit, development permit or book an inspection during COVID-19.
- The latest mandatory measures implemented by the Province of Alberta supersede all municipal bylaws, including the City’s Temporary Mandatory Face Coverings Bylaw. This means it is now mandatory for members of the public to wear a face covering or mask in all indoor workplaces, except when working alone in an office or a safely distanced cubicle or an appropriate barrier is in place. Additionally, it is still mandatory for members of the public to wear a face covering or mask at all times while in an indoor, enclosed, or substantially enclosed public place or public vehicle, as per our bylaw.
The City is temporarily allowing recreational vehicles (RVs) to be parked on City streets or private property to help individuals self-isolate due to COVID-19.
The latest mandatory measures implemented by the Province of Alberta have significant impacts on our business community. Please review the following information:
- All employees and patrons must wear masks within indoor spaces, with a number of exceptions.
- Provincial guidelines on determining occupancy rate and restricting customers to 15% of maximum.
- This list of FAQs we have received from local businesses.
- Alberta Biz Connect provides tools to keep employees and customers safe. If you have any questions, please contact the Biz Connect team.
- Stay safe, stay healthy! Find information about mental health supports, food security, social isolation, crisis helplines, resources for those experiencing domestic violence and more.
- Review a list of resources for local businesses.
- View the number of COVID-19 cases in Alberta.
- Sign up to be notified of any changes to public health restrictions in your region.
The City of Spruce Grove has developed a draft recovery framework to assist in helping the community recover from the effects of COVID-19 and return to a sustainable and resilient city. The framework includes three key themes that will be critical to address throughout the recovery: governance, the economy and the community.
Do your part to prevent the spread to protect yourself and others, and to help support a safe relaunch of services and facilities in our community.
If you have symptoms or known exposure to COVID-19, you must stay home and book a testing appointment online with the AHS assessment tool or call Health Link 811.
Albertans are being vaccinated as fast as supply allows. This is happening in phases so people most at risk get it first. More groups will be eligible as more doses become available. Learn more about the Government of Alberta's vaccine program.
COVID-19 public health orders are enforceable by law. Submit this form or call 1-833-415-9179 to report concerns or request service from AHS-Environmental Public Health.