Council Remuneration Task Force
A Council Remuneration Task Force is established during each term of a Council to review salaries and benefits, and to recommend which expenses will be paid by the municipality when council members carry out their official duties.
Reviews are conducted at the mid-point of a council term. The next review will take place in 2019.
2015 Remuneration Review Results
During the July 13, 2015 Regular Meeting of Council, the Task Force on Council Remuneration presented its final report and recommendations on Council Remuneration, and all recommendations were adopted by resolution of Council.
The 2015 Task Force considered the following:
- Mayor and Alderman Remuneration.
- Mayor and Alderman Honorarium and when it should be provided.
- Benefits provided to Council.
- Allowances and other Provisions provided to Council.
- Issuance of and Support for devices (smartphones, tablets and computers).
- Reviewing the Part-time Status of the Office of the Mayor.
The 2015 remuneration recommendations and supporting rationale are detailed in the 2015 Council Remuneration Review report . Also included in this report is an overview of the remuneration review process, mandate and methodology.