City Centre Area Redevelopment Plan
City Council passed the City Centre Area Redevelopment Plan (ARP) on April 27, 2020, which provides a policy framework for guiding redevelopment of the City Centre through consideration of land use, mobility, urban design, building guidelines, and implementation.
The ARP’s implementation plan has identified several projects that will commence in 2020 as the initial undertakings toward fulfilling the Plan’s city centre vision of creating a vibrant, mixed use area. These include:
- A Parking Management Plan;
- Planning of a Revitalization Project – Phase 1 (Main & McLeod Streetscaping Design); and,
- Making Land Use Bylaw Amendments to establish regulations consistent with the new ARP policy.
- City Centre Area Redevelopment Plan Concept - Draft (October 2018)
- Report #1 : Infrastructure Assessment Background – August 2018
- Report #2: Land Use and Urban Form Background – August 2018
- Report #3: Columbus Park Re-Envisioning Concept – August 2018
- Report #4: Economic Benefits and Costs Background – August 2018
- City Centre Parking Study – June 2018
Approval process information
- October 15, 2018 – Committee of the Whole PowerPoint presentation
- April 23, 2019 – City Centre Area Redevelopment Plan (first reading)
- May 27, 2019 – Public Hearing presentation
- August 2019 – Urban Living Workshops - What we Heard Report
- September 16, 2019 – Committee of the Whole update report
- September 16, 2019 – Council update presentation
- November 28, 2019 – Urban Living Precinct Open House handout
- December 10, 2019 – Urban Living Precinct What We Heard Report
- February 20, 2020 – Public hearing and second reading
For more information
If you have any questions about the City Centre Area Redevelopment Plan, please make sure to view our most frequently asked questions.
Any inquires can be directed to the manager of planning by email or by phone at 780-962-7634 ext. 249.