Proposed Multi-Use Sport and Event Centre
The City of Spruce Grove is considering a development proposal to build a Multi-Use Sport and Event Centre (SEC) in the northeast corner of the city along the Yellowhead Highway at Century Road (known as the Westwind lands).
This concept aligns with the City's original vision for Westwind Centre to be a regional commercial, hospitality and entertainment destination. It also meets the needs of the community and creates a destination amenity.
The SEC, along with the adjacent broader Westwind Centre development, will be the largest development in Spruce Grove's history and be a significant economic driver for the region. Its location, scale and scope will place Spruce Grove, as well as the region, on the map as a major retail and entertainment destination.
- Two ice surfaces - a main, multi-use seating bowl that can accommodate up to 5,300 people (3,500 fixed seating expandable to 5,300 for concerts and similar events) and a second community pad that can accommodate up to 200 people seated/standing.
- A main concourse with access to seating, washrooms and concessions.
- Private suites that will be available for the spectator bowl.
- The ability to host a variety of events including sporting tournaments, trade shows, craft fairs, conferences, concerts, graduations, memorials, award ceremonies and more.
News and updates
- Business case analysis presented to City Council (January 14, 2019)
- Proposed Multi-Use Sport and Event Centre presentation
April 3, 2017
- City of Spruce Grove considers proposal for Multi-Use Sport and Event Centre
March 27, 2017