Income Tax Clinic
Through the Community Volunteer Income Tax Program (CVITP), FCSS hosts free tax preparation clinics and arranges for volunteers to prepare income tax and benefit returns for eligible individuals who have a modest income and a simple tax situation.
The CVITP runs in March and April each year. If you need help completing your taxes outside of these months, please email FCSS or call 780-962-7618.
The CVITP is available to any eligible taxpayer with a simple tax situation. This may include:
- low income individuals including social assistance or AISH recipients
- newcomers to Canada
- seniors, students, and persons with disabilities
Volunteers do not prepare tax returns for complex situations such as:
- returns for deceased persons
- individuals who file for bankruptcy
- self-employed individuals
- individuals who report capital gains or losses
- individuals who report employment expenses, or business or rental income and expenses
This community service is only open to those persons who reside in Spruce Grove or Parkland County.
- Drop off your tax slips to FCSS at 105, 505 Queen Street anytime during regular business hours (Monday to Friday, 9 a.m. to noon and 12:30 to 4:00).
- Fill out and sign a one-page form with your family information.
- A trained volunteer will prepare your tax return and call you when you can come in and sign it.
- FCSS will either mail or e-file your taxes to the Canada Revenue Agency.
- You will receive a Notice of Assessment from Revenue Canada within 8 weeks of your taxes being filed.
Questions / Contact
Please email FCSS or call 780-962-7618.
To volunteer, visit the Income Tax Program page.