Income Tax Clinic
Income tax clinic update - March 23, 2020
To help protect the health of residents and staff, the FCSS office has temporarily suspended in-person services until further notice. Staff will continue to offer services by phone at 780-962-7618. Thank you for your patience as we respond to requests and inquiries in the order in which they are received.
Residents who have already dropped off taxes for completion will have their taxes e-filed. Residents will be contacted by phone to inform on the status of their tax return.
Effective March 24, 2020, new tax completion intakes for eligible residents will be accepted by phone at 780-962-7618.
Residents are encouraged to use self-serve options where possible including online. Please note Canada Revenue Agency has extended the 2019 tax deadline from April 30 to June 1, 2020.
The CVITP is available to any eligible taxpayer with a simple tax situation. This may include:
- low income individuals including social assistance or AISH recipients
- newcomers to Canada
- seniors, students, and persons with disabilities
Volunteers do not prepare tax returns for complex situations such as:
- returns for deceased persons
- individuals who file for bankruptcy
- self-employed individuals
- individuals who report capital gains or losses
- individuals who report employment expenses, or business or rental income and expenses
This community service is only open to those persons who reside in Spruce Grove or Parkland County.
1. Contact Spruce Grove FCSS at 780-962-7618 anytime during regular business hours (Monday to Friday, 9 a.m. to 4:00) to request the service.
2. You will be contacted to complete an intake package over the phone.
3. A trained volunteer will prepare your tax return and call you when it is complete.