PathwaysHOME: Spruce Grove's 5 year Strategy to Reduce Poverty and Homelessness
Homelessness is an emerging social issue identified within Spruce Grove as the number of individuals accessing local and regional services who are either homeless or at risk for homelessness continues to rise.
Issues surrounding poverty and homelessness are complex and deeply rooted. Addressing the current situation and preparing for the future requires exploration of social solutions that takes a collective approach and involves individuals, cross sector groups, community service providers, City departments and other levels of government.
The outcome is a strategy that has been created by members of the community and social services sector, and which supports collective action and collaboration to achieve sustainable solutions over the next 5 years in Spruce Grove.
- Project initiation meeting
- Communications and engagement plan development
- Document review
- Workshop 1: Initiation meeting with Core Collaborators
- One-on-one interviews with key stakeholders including individuals with lived experience
- Workshop 2: Homeless Serving Systems Workshop with Broader Stakeholder Groups
- Best practices research
- Public participation survey
- Workshop 3: Strategy Development with Core Collaborators
- Sustainability planning
- Workshop 4: Refining the Strategy with Core Collaborators
- Finalize the strategy
- Final presentation to council and community was held on Tuesday, February 19th, 2019