Have an old sofa or barbecue you no longer use? Bid it farewell by setting it out with your garbage on your regular waste collection day from June 10–14 for it to be collected during the City’s Large Item Pickup event.
Items must be put out by 7 a.m. and placed where your waste is normally collected (depending on where you live, this may be on the front of your property or in your rear alley).
Item and quantity limits apply.
Acceptable for Large Item Pickup:
- Household furniture including mattresses, washers and dryers.
- Kitchen appliances (not microwaves). Freon must be removed from fridges and freezers by a professional removal company whose sticker is placed on the item
- Small equipment such as lawn mowers and hedge trimmers. Gas and oil must be removed.
- Barbecues. Propane tanks and bottles must be removed.
- Bicycles, hockey nets and basketball nets. Please mark these items with a note indicating the item is intended for Large Item Pickup.
- Dismantled exercise equipment.
- Small amounts of household renovation or demolition materials, as per the following limits:
- maximum of 10 fence boards or posts
- three sheets of drywall
- porcelain such as sinks and toilets
- hot water heaters
- water softeners
- built-in vacuum canisters
- all other material limited to a total of one cubic yard (3 feet x 3 feet) per household
NOT acceptable for Large Item Pickup:
- Additional household waste, organics and recycling will not be collected as part of the large item pickup. Household collection is still limited to what your 240 litre black and green carts can hold with their lids completely closed. Extra bags of household waste may be brought to the Eco Centre at the charge of $3 per bag and extra organics will be accepted at the Eco Centre at no charge.
- Hazardous materials.
- Electronics including TVs, computer monitors and processors, cell phones, laptops, notebooks, printers, scanners, fax machines, VCRs, DVD players/recorders, microwaves, turntables, cassette players/recorders and other electrical equipment along with associated cables, mouse and speakers. These items can be dropped off at the Eco Centre.
- Railroad ties, snowmobiles, ATVs, vehicle parts, tires or engines.
- Large amounts of household renovation or demolition materials including furnaces.
- Individual items exceeding 200 lbs.
For more details call 780-962-7584 or send email