Food and activities
Start your day with a toonie ($2) hot dog lunch from the Knights of Columbus. A drive-thru hot dog station will be set up at the TransAlta Tri Leisure Centre’s parking lot from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. or while quantities last (hint: there will be food for the first 2,000 lunches). Snag a hot dog, granola bar, and a bottle of water to fuel you up before the day’s activities. There will be a limited number of veggie dogs available.
As you explore Spruce Grove, you may come across a circus performer, a magician, someone on stilts, a balloon artist, or even your favourite princess or super hero! Wait – did you hear music? That’s a possibility too! These activities and performers will be roving around and popping up throughout Spruce Grove between noon and 5 p.m. in neighbourhood parks and playgrounds, so keep your eyes and ears open!
Sky-high fireworks shows
New this year – we’re going to be having TWO fireworks shows*, starting around 11 p.m.! These fireworks shows have been specially designed to be “sky-high” so they will be easier to view from most areas of the city, including the comfort of your own home!
*Please note that fireworks shows are weather dependent.
Show Us Your Canada Day contest
We want to see your Canada Day in Spruce Grove! Post your Canada Day photos to Instagram or Twitter and include the hashtag #sprucegrovecanadaday. Starting July 1, photos will be randomly selected and shared below via a live feed. Plus, you could win one of five Fujifilm Instax Mini 11 Instant Cameras and film! Check out the rules below and we look forward to seeing your photos!
- The contest is hosted by the City of Spruce Grove and is not sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Instagram, Twitter or Embed Social.
- Photos must be posted to Instagram or Twitter between Thursday, July 1, 2021, at 12:01 a.m. MDT and Sunday, July 4, 2021, at 11:59 p.m. MDT.
- Photos must include the hashtag #sprucegrovecanadaday to be eligible.
- Instagram and Twitter accounts must be public in order to be able to participate in the live feed/contest.
- Five (5) winners will be randomly selected from the eligible entries. Each eligible photo will count as one (1) entry. Maximum of one (1) winner per social media account.
- Contest is not open to employees of the City of Spruce Grove or current members of City Council or members of their immediate households.
- Winners will be contacted by July 9, 2021, via their social media accounts (direct message) and will have 48 hours to respond before the prize is forfeited and a new winner is selected.
- Winners must be able to pick up their prize in-person from a City of Spruce Grove facility and will have to sign a release form and have their photo taken prior to receiving their prize.
- Winners must take the prize as provided; no substitutions or exchanges will be permitted.